Tuesday, September 19, 2006

DEVO! Not Il Divo! GAWD!

Girl: So what kind of music are you into?
Me: umm.. I've been listening to a lot of DEVO lately.
Girl: You like DEVO!?! Wow, I love Devo. Are you going to see them next week?
ME: WHAAAAAT? Are you telling me DEVO has reunited and is comming to town?
Girl: Yeah, they're playing with Barbra Streisand.
Me:........ DEVO! Not Fucking Il Divo! Whats wrong with you! Why would you even ask me about music if that's the kind of acidic diarrhea you listen to? Isn't that shit for old people with no hearing? GAWD! (storms off and vomits)

That was my first encounter with this new sick phenomena that has been spreading through the cities and towns of this great nation. Imagine, confusing a great band like Devo with the worst kind of shit encrusted gorllia smegma that gets encoded onto compact disc. The tragedy of it is, in subsequent Devo misunderstandings, (and there have been many) it was I who bore the undeserved stigma of being confused as an Il Divo fan. I have ,on more than one occasion, found myself frantically fighting to clear my name as a lover of the great 80's innovative rock band DEVO, (you know with an E) and not of the abomination that is Il Divo. Its gotten to the point where I am ashamed to admit that I listen to Devo for fear of undeserved recrimination. And thats just wrong! I myself have had enough! I send out a call to action to all DEVO Fans everywhere. We must re-claim the word DEVO. If not for us than for our children. Remember... they'll be comming for you next!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dezcab said...

I shall not rest unitll all Devo based injustice and anything else I can think of has been put to rest once and for all. Quack!...(do penguins quack?)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home